At Eaton, our businesses make a difference to the world. As a part of the company, you can make a difference.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 72,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we’re committed to “Doing Business Right” and that’s not just a slogan. It’s an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical practices and standards of behavior. It’s how we conduct ourselves in interactions with each other, our customers and our business partners. It’s how we support our communities, respect the environment, and it’s a reflection of our long-standing core values and beliefs about people.
Eaton Corporation is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/V/D.
The Eaton Aerospace team has an opening for a CNC Machinist on either 2nd or 3rd shift at its Charleston, SC facility.
- Must be able to set up and operate multiple machines to perform a sequence of operations such as turn, drill, and bore a variety of metal components.
- Fully understand production routers which include material types, lot numbers and quality, router sign-off procedures, cutter verification stamps and SPC data entry.
- Identify materials and tooling and inserts for specific operations.
- Be able to perform basic setup.
- Use all machine commands and controls.
- Understand and maintain UPL boards data.
- Work in different cells in the factory.
- Must be able to read blueprints and in accordance with standard shop practices.
- Ensure accuracy of program and the quality of parts through visual inspection and physical
- Ability to safely and accurately use a wide variety of hand tools and gages.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and free from hazards.
- Responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
- Experience on 3, 4, or 5 axis vertical machining centers and / or horizontal machining centers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred one year machining experience.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: Occasionally, exerting over 50 pounds of force. Frequent walking with the rest of
the time spent standing.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical machine shop with exposure to oil, dirt and heat. Ability to work
overtime as required. Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (includes earplugs, safety glasses & steel-toed shoes.)
Eaton - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...