Sets-ups and operates a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments at CNC work centers. Uses computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to cut and shape precision products, such as machine parts and compressors. Carefully plans and prepares machining operation by reviewing three-dimensional computer aided/automated design (CAD) blueprints of the part. Calculates exact placement to cut work-piece and determines the appropriate speed to feed metal into machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Works closely with the Manufacturing Engineer in process development and implementation.
2. Assists in NC and CNC programming.
3. Selects tools and materials for the job and plans the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
4. Checks new programs to ensure that the machinery will function properly and that the output will meet specifications.
5. Constantly checks for problems during machine process and modifies cutting program to account for any problems encountered.
6. Provides operator backup at critical work centers.
7. Promotes high levels of safety and housekeeping in all areas of the facility.
8. Actively participates in problem prevention and problem solving as part of Corken's on-going program of continuous improvement.
9. Maintains high levels of work center performance by performing preventive maintenance as required.
10. Supports all regulations and requirements that are necessary for ISO-9001 and ISO-140001.
1. Basic knowledge of CNC programming.
2. Ability to adapt to new technology and a wide range of tasks.
3. Ability to schedule work and monitor several machines simultaneously.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must posses a minimum of 2-5 years machining experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position or have obtained a two year technical degree or is currently enrolled in such program, or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Must have good general math skills.
Ability to turn planned machining operations into a set of instructions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to train other machine operators in programming and setup.
Must be able to pass company physical. Must be able to lift/move up to 40 pound objects. Regular standing, squatting and bending are required.
Must apply safety training rules while operating machines. Proper use of personal protective
equipment (PPE) such as steel-toes shoes, goggles, safety glasses, gloves, rubber apron, and face
shield must be observed. The work environment is moderate to loud in noise level. Constantly
working around machines with moving parts.
IDEX Corporation is a company of exceptional products and innovative technologies, whose impact reaches millions worldwide. We’re a...