2nd and 3rd shift openings
Seeking qualified CNC Machinist to operate CNC machining tools such as lathes, multi-axis spindles, and milling machines to manufacture precision metal-machined components for the aerospace industry. Qualified applicants must have documented work experience and knowledge to operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines to cut, shape, or form metalwork pieces to engineering blueprint specifications. Wages commensurate with experience and qualifications, excellent benefit package. EOE-M/F-D/V certified Drug Free Workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads control media by computer into machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measures workpiece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Sets up and operates another machine tool during controlled machining cycles.
- High school degree/GED and or training from a college or technical school in the machining trades and or more than six months machining work experience and or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to read and use machining measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, bore gages, etc. and engineering blueprints is required.
- Applicants without the required work experience and education will not be considered.
- Wages commensurate with education and documented work experience.
- NIMS certification a plus
M Force Staffing Inc - 23 months ago