1 st class CNC Machinist Mill and Lathe 1st / 2 nd shift
We are looking for qualified 1 st /2nd shift CNC Machinist candidates for our growing SW Houston A/C facility.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; accurately reports time on jobs and in-process inspections; k eeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies .
Accountabilities of All Employees:
- Must be a 1st Clas s machinist with at least 10 + years experience in a machine shop with oil and gas tools.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces and proper machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Must be able to set-up, operate, edit; prove programs; using Fanuc Controls, G Codes. Mazatrol Matrix experience a plus.
- Must be able to read blueprints and programs.
- Must have experience with Mazak Nexus, Pumas lathes or Doosan mills.
- Integrex 200IVS experience a plus
- Must have experience with threading- ACME, STUB ACME, API.
- Meets production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity and quality.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunitie s to add value to job accomplishments .
- Must have own tools.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift; 4pm - 2 am, Monday-Friday, Saturday is optional.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using your best efforts and full capability daily to the work assigned to you by your supervisor .
- Advising your supervisor if you do not understand the work they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or obstacles that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advising your supervisor of any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company p olicies, standards, procedures.
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; initiating repair work orders.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing required paper and/or electronic logs.
- Participate in required meetings and training
Education and Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- functions .
- Four year Vocational/Technical School certification/apprenticeship program; or
- 1 0 years experience machining; or e quivalent combination of education and experience; or strong Mechanical Aptitude score.
M athematical Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply concepts such as basic fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.