There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
CNC MACHINIST - LATHE (2nd Shift)
- Set-up and operate CNC Mills and/or Lathes
- Responsible for all facets of setup and inspection up to and including first piece inspection
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts
- Responsible for in process inspection and SPC
- Make correction as required to maintain quality and production rates
- Perform set-up operations using tool sheets, manuscripts, sketches and blueprints
- Read and understand machining drawings
- Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) and maintain all necessary records associated with the parts and machines
- Maintain high productivity; change off sets as necessary to maintain quality
- Deburr parts during the machine cycle
- Promptly report all tooling or program problems to group leader or supervisor
- Use shop math in checking parts
- Perform preventive maintenance to the machines
- Maintain the machine within the scope of the incumbent’s ability
- Prove out new set-ups, read and interpret CNC program to recognize and make changes to rectify excessive tool wear and minor program oversights
- Read and understand all types of drawings required to machine parts such as castings, forgings, detailed engineering sketches
- Efficiently use shop math to solve for information required to machine and/or inspect machined parts, castings, or forgings
- Assist in the selection of tools, holding fixtures and methods for producing machined parts
- Builds prototypes interfacing with Engineering and Programming
- Trains co-workers in a patient and positive manner
- Identifies new ways to machine parts to improve quality and productivit
- Maintains all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records
- Efficient with SPC
- Make machine repairs within the scope of the incumbent’s abilities
- Participate in KAIZEN events
- Participate in Set-up reduction program
- Identify cost savings
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Required Lifting Weight: 30 pounds vertically; 20 pounds extended lifting.
- Lifting Frequency: Daily
- Frequent standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
For consideration, please list your minimum hourly salary requirement.
- Machine knowledge equivalent to three to five years experience on CNC machines. Apprenticeship or trade school preferred.
- Good working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry)
- Fluent in blueprint reading
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
Pall Corporation - 7 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...