Tesla Motors is a well-funded company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We design and manufacture advanced electric vehicles, battery packs, and drive systems and are working to change the future of the transportation industry. We are building technically strong, fast-moving teams that pride themselves on superior execution.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance, highly efficient electric cars. Our cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy efficient vehicles on the road.
The Role :
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled CNC Programmer and Machinist to provide Powertrain R&D and Engineering with prototype components to enhance and shorten the design/build/test process. Join a fast paced and rapidly growing team that works on the most advanced battery, motor, gear box, and drive inverter components. Work closely with engineers and technicians to develop high quality parts.
- Program and operate 3-axis CNC Vertical Mills and CNC Lathes (Mazak and Haas)
- Provide crucial input on design for machining, manufacturing, assembly, and low cost
- 10+ years of 3-axis CNC Vertical Mill programming
- 5+ years of manual machining
- Expert at MasterCAM, Su rfCAM, etc (CatiaCAM experience preferred)
- Must be willing to learn new CAM programming software (CatiaCAM)
- Mastery of high speed machining and tool path optimization
- Ability to program and machine complex and high tolerance components
- Materials: stainless steel, steel, aluminum, plastics, copper, brass, and silicates
- Passionate about prototyping and machining
- Strong work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly motivated
- Well organized and strong verbal communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines
- Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company...