Sets-up and coordinates the work of employees who operate machines. Assigns work, and oversees the work product. Ensures machine function and output are according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and/or diagrams.
- Select, position, and secure machinery according to blueprint and/or diagram.
- Adjust machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Create programs for CNC mills and lathes.
- Performs first article inspections.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Directs and leads the work of others.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have 5 years of experience with CNC machining.
- Set-up and operate CNC production machines, primarily mills and lathes.
- Perform all CNC machining processes required to manufacture parts to prints, to include some program editing.
- Follow documented processes using best and safe practices.
- Must know how to read blueprints.
- Work with tool offsets and machine variables in fixture and tools.
- Must have knowledge of machining principles.
- Must be able to look at a print and select tools for the job.
- Ability to select jigs and fixtures to set up jobs.
- Know materials and associated feeds and speeds for cutting.
- Familiar with quality paperwork.
- Understand ISO and QS processes. Know how to determine Quality requirements and document quality.
- Maintain a high degree of quality.
- Willingness to cross train and share knowledge and skills with others.
- Maintain required and accurate paperwork.
- Housekeeping/maintenance of work area and machinery.
- Identify and initiate product and process improvements.
- Safety- and goal-oriented.
- Perform in a team environment.
- Basic math skills.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
CTC Global is committed to providing the highest quality products for the power generation and transmission industry. Our highly skilled and...