Eaton Corporation located in Berea, OH is currently searching for a Manufacturing Engineer for the Fluid Conveyance-Coupling Plant. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for attaining significant set up reductions and related efficiency actions. This role will support tool selections, layout updates, and CNC program writing. As a manufacturing engineer, your problem solving actions include assembly and other machining solutions. Be a driver of real-time problem solving, and leader of lean continuous improvement activities in support of plant goals.
This position will support plant goals including: Cycle time reduction for set up and machining;
- Write and update CNC programs for both lathe and mill, using software, for lowest cost production
- Update production documents including layout sheets and tooling prints
- Select, design, and purchase CNC tooling and fixtures
- Coordinate with other departments for problem solving and support (operations, production supervisors, product engineering, etc.)
- Support capital improvement projects including machine purchase recommendations, capital expenditure justification, installation, programming, etc.
- Reviews PM actions and make suggestions for operation and maintenance of equipment to ensure safe operations at all times. Goal: zero unscheduled downtime.
- Plan, design, and implement fixtures/part holding and other specialized equipment.
- Achieves cost reduction targets and related reporting.
- Supports problem solving by using inspection gages (caliper, mic’s, dial indicator, etc.) to validate parts to print.
Cost Savings / Cost Out (Energy Reduction / Ergonomics / Work Cell Layout/Tooling improvements);
Capital Expenditures (Facility / Production Equipment); Safety; Productivity, Quality, Cost improvements; On time delivery
- Prefer Engineering or technical B.A./B.S. degree
- G&M programming knowledge/experience
- CNC machine & tool knowledge in metal cutting environment
- Experience using AutoCAD, DNC, MasterCam, SolidWorks, or related programs
- Basic computer skills including MS Excel, Outlook, Word, Internet, etc.
- Knowledge of an ERP system preferred (ex: Mfg/Pro)
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, technical description/explanation.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of cost estimating and cost out skills / tools required.
- Knowledge and application of problem solving tools and methodologies desired.
- Comfortable working in a Lean Manufacturing culture of continuous improvement and unrelenting improvement change.
- Influence and impact others’ decision making for driving a business of excellence.
- Ability to read prints, calipers, gages, and use a comparator
- Preferred experience in cutting brass, steel, and 304/316 stainless.
- Knowledge of CNC lathe (Okuma, Haas, Index), New Britain, CNC screw machines and Brown & Sharpe preferred
Eaton - 2 years ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...