Convert Customer drawings, templates, DXF files and blue prints into programs to produce parts according to customer specifications and to nest these parts to obtain maximum material and machine utilization.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Analyzes drawings, sketches, tolerances, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, and machine speeds and feed rates.
· Ability to use a wide variety of CAD, CNC programming, microsoft, and other software packages.
· Provides CNC programming and nesting for all lasers and CNC programming for all other relevant machines and equipment.
· Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control data base to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
· Create CAD files of customer parts.
· Converts and plots customer drawings.
· Reviews program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
· Observes operation of machine on trial run if needed to prove programmed instructions.
· Coordinates with software vendors for updates, training, problems, and enhancements.
· Coordinates with the production and scheduling department.
· Determines most efficient nesting of single and multiple part nests
· Provides information to help with quoting of customer product.
· Basic typing skills.
· Must be able to work independently and check own work.
Iowa Laser - 19 months ago