Our client, a leader in Aerospace Manufacturing is seeking a skilled CNC Programmer who has current experience using Catia V5 to program 3 and/or 4 Axis Machining Centers and high speed (30,000 RPM or higher), 5-axis, Horizontal Machining Centers. The goal is to ensure the optimization of both attended and unattended manufacturing processes of small to medium sized aluminum components. Machining will be from plate, billet, castings and/or forgings
- Perform programming, and/or modifies existing programming of 3/4-Axis and 5-Axis High Speed Machining Centers using Catia Datasets, Master CAM and Vericut software. Revise programs and documentation based engineering changes.
- Study and interpret customer purchase orders, drawings, manuals, specifications, Catia Datasets, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements to maximize efficiencies.
- Read and interpret statistical information and data including job orders, drawings, blueprints and CMM reports to write programs that include proper methodology, tooling, cutting speeds and feeds.
- Create setup sheets based on tooling selection criteria
- Monitor and verify the accuracy of each job's initial set-up and final outcome. Evaluate results with the inspection and machining team for proper corrections. Employ critical thinking, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems. Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Adhere and comply with company Management System, policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations. Perform duties accurately and in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Maintain effective working relationship with Manufacturing Manager.
3 Years Experience with CNC Machining
- Proficient in using Catia V4 or V5 CAM
- Program 3 /4 Axis and 5-Axis High Speed Machining Centers and knowledge/experience in using Master CAM and Vericut software.
- Demonstrated understanding of high speed 5 axis CNC machining, aluminum fabrication, materials, and special processes
- Firsthand knowledge and experience with cutting tool geometry and its contribution to maximize MMR (metal removal rate).
- Blueprint-reading skills including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, ASME Y14.5.
- Knowledge and experience with standardized tooling such as Techni Grip, Invert -a Bolt and automated clamping (vacuum)
- Knowledge and experience with tool design and fixturing that supports attended and unattended machining
- Excellent computer skills in Catia V5R20,
3 Years Experience in manufacturing machined aluminum parts
5 Axis Programming with CATIA
Master CAM * Vericut Experienced
Lift 25lb.s or more
Able to work in manufacturing setting
Able to work Off Shift if necessary
Synerfac - 9 months ago
Since 1987, Synerfac has served its clients by providing top-notch contract technical staff. We make it easy to get the right people every t...