Responsible for troubleshooting, making adjustments and programming/reprogramming CNC machines while meeting customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Develop CNC Programs manually and by using software to ensure efficient, cost effective machining of parts.
- Set-up, adjust and troubleshoot CNC, Lathes and Vertical Mills to ensure that parts are produced according to company quality requirements.
- Able to operate on line gauging and understand the readings.
- Cooperate with maintenance, Tool & Die, quality and engineering personnel to work on production parts and on continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform and coordinate tooling preventative maintenance as required.
- Exchange work knowledge and proved training for members of the CNC/Setup department.
- Train and assist CNC Operators in insert changes and minor offset adjustments.
- Ensures all set-ups and repairs are done in a manner that will ensure the company’s objective with respect to minimizing downtime, scrap and tooling costs are met.
Contact Terri Etter – firstname.lastname@example.org
- At a minimum high school diploma with at least five or more years of CNC Programming and Set-up experience.