The Account Manager is responsible to create, maintain, and grow positive relationships with all clients.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service to Discovery Benefits’ clients.
- Answer Account Management phone queue within 30 seconds.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email/ phone within 24 hours.
- Consistently meet the Discovery Benefits Customer Service standards and skill requirements.
- Reaches out to employer group immediately after transition from implementation is complete, serving as an introduction and a welcome. Goes through day-to-day interactions between employer group and Discovery Benefits.
- Creates new and innovative ways of reaching out to employer groups.
- Basic understanding of the department’s rotating task list.
- Provides ideas on how to increase customer service.
- Assist with group account management (as assigned).
- Serve as the main point of contact for the employer.
- Communicate with the employer any issues with COBRA continuants, carriers or updates to the software.
- Assist Operations and Continuant Services by contact employer regarding any discrepancies or service requests.
- Consistently promote the use of the employer portal portion of the COBRA software package to employer groups by conducting web demos and answering day-to-day questions.
- Communicate internally to ensure customer loyalty.
- Communicate with other departments in order to ensure that the employers plan is administered according to the design guide/services agreement.
- Report any missing links during the account implementation.
- Document any formal complaints and share with the Regional Director.
- Support a positive team work environment.
- Share knowledge.
- Detect needs for creating efficiencies and improving processes.
- Communicate to all appropriate team members regarding any issues or differences with the group.
- Presents thoughts and suggestions during team meetings.
- Takes part in meeting and exceeding team/department goals.
- Compliance under the federal and state COBRA guidelines.
- Provide information and documentation to the employer to ensure that they are in compliance with the federal and state COBRA guidelines and statues.
- Answer questions in regards to the administrative services agreement, design guide or custodial agreement.
- Provide support to the COBRA Department and Growth & Development for employer group activity.
- Provide requested documentation or reports to Growth and Development, COBRA manager/department supervisor and employer during open enrollment periods.
- Assist the renewal coordinator when appropriate in communicating annual rate changes and renewals.
- Provide support to Growth & Development for new and renewing group enrollments.
- Provide reporting to sales, manager and employer during open enrollment.
- Prepare and send employer packets and enrollment materials.
- Track and follow-up to ensure a completed design guide, Administrative Service Agreement and Benefits Debit Card Agreement (when applicable) is received for each renewal.
- Coordinate web enrollment status with account specialists.
- Work with COBRA Account Management Supervisor to develop new processes and procedures.
- Implement and document new processes and administrative procedures.
- Communicate changes needed to new processes.
- Continuous improvement approach to work.
- Communicate with manager those areas needing change.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist department supervisors/task coordinators with special projects.
- Develop and update administrative procedures as needed.
- Ensure privacy according to HIPAA.
- Customer service experience and benefits experience typically acquired in 2 years.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state COBRA regulations.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Works with others in a team environment.
- Meets daily deadlines consistently
- Must take initiative in jobs performed; seek solutions and answers to problems
- Flexibility/ adaptability
Discovery Benefits, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard