The COBRA Operations Specialist is responsible for the daily processing within the COBRA Operations team including implementation and renewal processing, forms processing and ongoing maintenance at the employer and participant account levels.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Responsible for implementation and renewal processing
- Setup and maintain employer accounts in applicable software
- Communicate with other teams to resolve discrepancies and questions
- Responsible for processing group closings
- Update employer account in applicable software to process closing
- Assist with COBRA forms processing
- Qualifying Events
- Department of Labor / Initial Notices
- Current Continuants/Legacy Participants
- COBRA Enrollments
- Communicate questions/issues via Onbase to Employer Services team
- Assist with the daily processing of the carrier notifications
- Process notifications for continuant enrollment or termination
- Process updates to continuant accounts
- Process is conducted via carrier web portal, e-mail or fax
- Work with COBRA Operations Supervisor and Operations team to develop new processes and procedures
- Continuous improvement approach to work
- Communicate with Operations Supervisor and/or COBRA Operations Team Lead those areas needing change
- Implement and document new processes
- Ensure privacy according to HIPAA.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist department supervisor with special projects.
- Develop and update administrative procedures as needed.
- Customer service experience and benefit experience typically acquired in one to two years.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Meets daily deadlines consistently
- Must take initiative in jobs performed; seek solutions and answers to problems
- Flexibility/ adaptability
Discovery Benefits, Inc. - 23 months ago