The coder performs daily coding of Emergency Room records and Diagnostics records. He/She will also code inpatient, day surgery and observation records under the direction of the lead coder. He/She will work closely with physicians and their office staff to obtain correct documentation for coding. Monitors billhold reports daily to assure records are coded in a timely manner. Reviews records for quality.
· Individual must have experience with ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, abstracting, DRG logic and quality assurance.
· Must have the ability to interpret a variety of handwritten data.
· Must have concern for detail and be able to work quickly and accurately.
· Must be able to solve problems and deal with conflict, especially in stressful situations.
· At least two years experience in an acute care facility with RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS preferred.
345-East Cooper Regional Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant, SC
Tenet Healthcare - 2 years ago
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is one of the largest investor-owned health care delivery systems in the nation.
• 80 hospitals