The Combined Cycle Application Specialist is responsible for technical and sales support of Triple 5 Acoustic Monitoring Systems and other related MISTRAS products to the combustion turbine and combined cycle utility industry throughout the US and Internationally, as needed. This includes facilitating successful project management from conception, system installation, commissioning and troubleshooting focusing on customer communications and excellent customer service. This position will also help to develop new applications for existing systems. Self motivation skills, communication and coordination of the corporate internal resources to meet market needs and to gain market penetration are also required. Additional responsibilities include periodical review of the Acoustic Monitoring Systems of customers with Service Contracts. Significant travel will be required to meet the needs of new and existing customers.
This position can be based anywhere within the United States that is accessable to a major airport.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer |
Experience: The Combined Cycle Application Specialist position must have the following qualifications:
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 4-8 years experience in the maintenance and or operation of utility type equipment including HRSGs, turbines, generators and related ancillary equipment.
• Working knowledge of ASME, B31.1, NFPA and all related plant codes and standards.
• Understanding of the principles of heat transfer, strength of materials, corrosion, erosion and failure modes of various boiler, turbine, generator and related equipment.
• Working knowledge of the primary NDE techniques including Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Acoustic Testing (AT) and radiographic examination (RT).
• Complete understanding of the various repair or replacement methods required to maintain power plant equipment.
• Ability to quickly interpret plant data, gather information and resolve problems.
• Ability to perform rotating and non rotating equipment inspections using various tests or monitoring equipment under adverse working conditions.
• Ability to define and perform testing to define problems or assure equipment operation.
• Ability to work in a power plant environment including walking, climbing, crawling, lifting (up to 50 lbs) and squatting for periods of time.
• Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally and written with various work groups including upper management.
• Ability to perform duties without supervision.
• PC Computer skills with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and CRM
• Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally, (60-75% travel)
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 11 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...