This position involves assisting various departments, as needed, with commercial and/or administrative functions that support the department assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15/HR
Please note applications out of the geographic region for position applied will not be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
• Two (2) years of experience in the industry; specifically in customer service (ocean transportation and/or freight forwarding).
• Strong mathematical abilities in order to determine rates to be applied.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Intermediate PC skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to communicate at an intermediate level in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers and general public.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and be detail-oriented.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, multi-task and possess strong initiative.
• Ability to think logically and follow procedures and instructions.
• The ability to respond to common inquiries relating to the areas of countries of service assigned.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and fellow employees.
• Ability to work extended hours, holidays and/or weekends, as needed.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use his fingers.
• The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
• The employee is continuously required to sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists and acts as back-up for commercial divisions in the areas of pricing, rating, customer service, traffic coordinator, documentation/data entry, etc. Also assists other departments around the company (Including at POM), such as: Inbound, Insurance & Claims, Intermodal, etc.
• Attends high volume of incoming telephone calls for the department manager and directs/delivers them as necessary.
• Produces photocopies and performs filing as required by supervisor and follows up with contacting party to assure receipt of such.
• Receives and distributes correspondence.
• Prepares reports requested by the department manager, where information may be obtained from a variety of sources.
• Types letters and memoranda as requested by supervisor.
• Maintains and updates departmental filing system.
• Perform additional related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Division Manager, the Human Resources Manager and indirect supervision from Division V.P. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
• Indoors office. Exposed to controlled temperature and office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually busy (many phones in open cubicles).
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.