- 1 - 2 years experience preferred
- Customer service skills are required
Primarily responsible for providing routine and emergency telecom and paging services to both an internal and external customer base while utilizing multiple software systems, the switchboard, and other equipment. Also responsible for monitoring various hospital alarms and dispatching appropriate personnel when necessary. Position and environment can be stressful, grueling, high volume and fast paced; the analysis, decision, and processing with each call, alarm or alert can directly affect the well being or life of others. Position also assists to maintain database information to ensure it is kept up to date with current information. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires customer service experience which includes escalation type situations.
- Requires good interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires moderate typing skills and good grammar and spelling skills. Must have the ability to exhibit the manual dexterity to quickly, efficiently and accurately manipulate equipment such as keyboards and telephones.
- Must have the ability and stamina to sit for extended periods of time while using hands and arms to manipulate various communications and other types of equipment and keyboards.
- Must have the ability to be sufficiently mobile to quickly respond to alarms throughout a confined room working around equipment and other staff. This requires standing, reaching and/or stooping.
- Must have the ability to evaluate problem situations in multiple scenarios and come to an independent conclusion on how to respond appropriately and discreetly.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, superiors and others on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and word usage.
- Must have the ability to maintain composure and communicate in an appropriate and professional manner when confronted with a dissatisfied, agitated and/or potentially abusive caller and/or visitors.
- Must be able to work in stressful, high volume, fast paced environment. Must have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication (verbal instruction) and transfer that information into written word.
- Must be able to make fine discriminations in sounds.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to juggle several projects simultaneously, to prioritize and to cope successfully with diversity and complexity.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend quickly then verbalize effectively what was read.
- Must have the ability to lead others when appropriate.
- Must have the ability to give direction, make decisions, and direct inquiries when appropriate.
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
Indiana University Health - 23 months ago