Ability to perform installation, repair and trouble shooting of telephone service to a residence or business. Working knowledge of appropriate hand tools to use in installation. Ability to identify cable problems, locate and do basic splicing of standard cables, and make necessary repairs. Ability to climb poles; work aloft on ladders, in cable vaults and ditches. Basic knowledge of installation, trouble shooting and repair of special circuits. Physical ability to perform strenuous climbing, lifting, stooping, hand digging and overhead work. Ability to drive and possession of a valid driver’s license. Ability to work a rotating Saturday schedule, overtime, and emergency call-outs. Knowledge of computers, Internet and DSL required. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work with limited supervision in a High Performance Work Team environment. Nature of work requires considerable hand-eye coordination and concentration. Must attend and pass training schools as assigned by the company and must have a willingness to share that knowledge with other team members. Must participate in sales of company products and services. Maintain the efficient operation, appearance and records of assigned vehicle and equipment. Maintain tools, test sets and safety equipment. Expected to participate in the Company’s sales and sales referral plans and programs
Must have a valid drivers license. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (must be able to lift 70 lbs). Must have good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Must have an understanding of basic electricity Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs as required. Basic knowledge of OSP functions. Ability to read prints. Ability to utilize associated test equipment. Working knowledge of digital loop carrier equipment. PC familiarity with windows operating systems. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic Installation & Repair - Responsible for installing and maintaining all network lines, (analog, voice and simple leased line circuits, CATV service).
- Subscriber Carrier Maintenance - Responsible for provisioning service as well as testing/replacing electronic components under supervision
- Basic Inspection - Based on visual inspection, responsible for ensuring network construction guidelines are met.
- Basic Splicing - Responsible for splicing all standard copper cables and simple enclosures.
- Cable Locators - Responsible for locating and working underground cable facilities.
- Test Equipment - Responsible for using all appropriate test equipment equipment in order to perform above duties.
- Must be proficient on the PC with emphasis on Windows environment; must possess working math skills
- Must be able to look at current processes/procedures and find better ways to improve the end result
- Must be able to work independently; be a self starter and be a strong team player
- Must have a sense of integrity and urgency for completing tasks
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication
- Must operate a motor vehicle and hold a valid DL
- CompTIA Network+ and A+ or associated data communications certifications helpful
- Must be able to work aloft from a ladder and/or in confined spaces as well as in isolated areas
- Expected to participate in the Company’s sales and sales referral plans and programs
Frontier Communications - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...