Position Available: Community Outreach Coordinator Posting Date: 9/10-18/2013 or until filled
Location: Administration Building Pay Range: TBD
Reports to: Director of Health Support Services FMLA Status: Non-Exempt
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing CCHS events and activities that meet the needs of communities and programs connected to CCHS. This position works directly with the Director of Health Support Services to promote CCHS services available to patients through collaborations with community organizations and churches located in and around the neighborhoods in which CCHS health centers are located. This position is designed to engage non-CCHS patients by offering information and education about available services.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Strategic Outreach Plan
- Assists with planning outreach goals to meet requirements of grants/programs
- Increase community awareness regarding CCHS services, specifically those related to uninsured individuals
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications to conduct public education activities to raise awareness
- Host/participate in community events, health fairs, school events, etc. to provide outreach and assistance to potential consumers and coordinate referrals to CCHS staff for continuation of services
- Complete enrollment process for uninsured individuals through the Federal Marketplace
- Submit weekly and monthly activity reports to Director of Health Support Services to report to funders and program partners
- Upon request from Director of Health Support Services, interview with broadcast and/or print media
- Other duties as needed
Interpersonal communication and mediation skills to successfully lead, motivate, and collaborate with a diverse staff in a variety of capacities throughout the organization.
Organizational skills for ensuring the completion of a large volume of work in a systematic manner.
Initiative and creativity for problem solving and pro-active improvement of the clinic operations.
Capable of exemplifying the values of Christ Community Health Services in all circumstances.
Bilingual candidates preferred
- Must have working vehicle and valid drivers license
Education : Minimum of High School Diploma; Bachelor in Public Health, Social Work, or Public Administration preferred
Experience : Two years of health-related outreach coordination is preferred.
Level 1 Requires some concentration and normal attention. Generally, once the job is learned, the tasks can be performed more or less automatically.
_ Level 2 Requires high periods of concentration intermittently and normal attention. Generally, even once the job is learned, tasks will require normal attention to deal with recurring variables.
X Level 3 Requires a high level of concentration and high level of attention intermittently. Generally, the approach to tasks may be consistent, but the number of steps required and/or the number of variables involved creates the possibility of errors unless the incumbent pays close attention.
Activity Approximate % of Time Comments
Sitting 20% Average depending on worksite
Standing 20% Average depending on worksite
Walking 40 % Average depending on worksite
Approximate percentage of time spent lifting, pulling and/or pushing: 10%
Maximum number of pounds required (with or without assistance): 25 lbs.
Types of objects the incumbent is required to lift/pull/push: Boxes, carts, equipment, patients, supplies
Machines and Equipment Used:
Machines, Equipment, Tools Approximate % of Time Degree of Hand: Eye Coordination Required
Computer Varies Normal Telephone Varies Normal Photocopier,fax machine Varies Normal
Approximate percentage of time incumbent spends in on-the-job travel , excluding commuting to regular work location: About 25-35% of time spent traveling to and from activities/events
Office environment and clinic setting with some exposure to individuals with potentially contagious infections; low-moderate risk of injury.
Christ Community Health Services - 16 months ago