AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Primary Job Function
Core Job Responsibilities
- Provides support for developing, updating and maintaining basic and routine elements of Abbott’s compliance program at the franchise, business unit, divisional or corporate level.
- Supports the revision and administration of OEC education and training (including supporting materials) and assists with the implementation and administration of division monitoring plan.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- The Analyst performs the following with significant supervision from Compliance Manager/Compliance Director:
- Supports and communicates with front line management to provide basic and routine OEC and divisional policy interpretation and requirements, and assists with compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
- Assists in facilitating the routing for approval of new and/or updated divisional polices, procedures and related forms.
- Delivers OEC training programs on basic and routine OEC and divisional policies and procedures, including OPPF and Abbott's Code of Business Conduct.
- Assists in conducting corporate and/or divisional monitoring to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists the Compliance Director/ECO with compliance audits by gathering information and documentation to fulfill auditors’ requests.
- Assists with preparing for, scheduling, and follow-up from Compliance Review Committee meetings.
- Identifies basic legal and regulatory issues and elevates as appropriate.
- Developing knowledge of Abbott’s business and client areas supported.
No direct reports
Position Accountability / Scope
- Accountable to ECO, OEC Compliance Director, or OEC Compliance Manager.
- Operates independently with well-defined expectations, checking in frequently with supervisor(s).
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
- Minimum of 2 years experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, governmental affairs, and finance.
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
AbbVie - 2 years ago