The Dignity Health Medical Foundation Compliance Office takes a comprehensive approach to promoting ethical and proper behavior in all matters related to Dignity Health Medical Foundation business operations. In addition, the Compliance Office establishes effective controls that promote adherence to applicable laws, regulations, rules, guidelines, requirements, procedures and directives regarding Federal, State and Private health services. This program establishes compliance standards and procedures to be followed by all Dignity Health Medical Foundation employees and other agents, and provides direct compliance training and training oversight of all training materials. The Compliance Office implements and enforces Dignity Health Medical Foundation policies to minimize the risks associated with billing and to prevent and detect inappropriate, improper, and fraudulent conduct.
The Compliance Coordinator supports the Dignity Health Medical Foundation Compliance Department's auditing function by creating audits in the MD Audit system, scheduling new audits, tracking progress of current audits via spreadsheets, and closing completed audits. The Coordinator researches federal and state regulations, Dignity Health Medical Foundation policies, and other sources to assist the Compliance Manager answer questions from staff and Providers. The Coordinator will assist with the coordination of training programs and other ad hoc projects as needed. This position reports to the Manager of Compliance and is able to work independently and effectively with general supervision.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
- 2 years working in a medical office or medical department related to provider practice, or similar related experience. Experience presenting programs or training courses.
- 5 years experience in a medical office or medical department, including experience with provider practice oversight and billing preferred.
- Knowledge of government and third-party payer coding and billing regulations preferred.
- Experience with researching policies and regulations preferred.
- Experience using or searching in an Electronic Medical Record desired.
- HS Diploma; AA or BA in business or medical field desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Good organization and project management skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...