General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composites Designer in our Mechanical Engineering Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision, using computer-aided design (CAD), prepares complex engineering layouts, and/or detail drawings of minor components or portions of major systems.
- Perform computer assisted engineering and design tasks (primarily with composites) in support of Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Interact with lead engineers to develop master surfaces,composite structure layouts, part models, and tooling in Pro-e.
- Establish critical interface requirements, select materials, and establish fabrication methods.
- Prepare first article composite drawings for fabrication. Support tooling concepts and designs.
- Work with shop personnel to support first article builds.
- Establish bills of materials.
- Perform various mechanical design tasks related to demonstrated competencies as directed.
- Support large assembly model management within a parametric database.
- Develop Pro-e surfaces of external and internal shapes derived from and to meet aerodynamic data requirements
Experience with design and fabrication of composite and metallic aircraft structures. Experience with Pro/E surfacing and large assembly models, their set up, and maintenance. Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint.
General Atomics - 22 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...