QinetiQ North America delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software, systems & network engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
USSS relies upon contractor support for data center facilities management services, and other technical assistance as specified. In addition, the contractor shall assist in planning, and operating information resources and assets that serve critical USSS missions. USSS is committed to providing a technically sound and cost effective computing environment, with particular emphasis placed upon providing a highly secure, reliable and quality service to our customers.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
Computer operators shall be on duty in the data center during all hours of operation. The contractor shall, at a minimum, perform the following computer operations tasks:
- Run scheduled and nonscheduled jobs
- Maintain standard operating procedures and create new operating procedures as required
- Operate Systems
- Perform IPLs and IMLs
- Update and maintain system and duty station logs daily
- Start up and shut down of computer systems, both hardware and software "boots"
- Operate peripherals to include all hardware identified in this solicitation.
- Perform all scheduled file save and restore operations
- Identify and document problems and all abnormal conditions
- Notify appropriate vendors for maintenance calls
- Provide initial diagnosis of problems
- Perform and report corrective action
- Complete incident reports and activity log according to USSS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Monitor system performance
- Monitor the computer room environmental conditions
- Ensure compliance with security standards
- Assist users in resolving problems and scheduling jobs
- Complete weekly activity reports and systems availability
- Maintain a safe and clean workplace environment compliant with standards and procedures as referenced in this solicitation.
- Perform production control functions outside of production control hours
- Operate printers and other appropriate peripheral equipment
Must hold an active US Secret Service background check and be able to be badged to provide on-site support at US Secret Service facilities
Must possess direct US Secret Service experience supporting mainframe or related computer operations
A minimum of 3 years experience
For over 50 years, QinetiQ North America has been providing world-class technology development and revolutionary products to the defense,...