The University Business Services Office provides accounting and business services for the instructional, research and administrative components of the University.
This position provides information technology support to the Finance module of the Banner system in the form of generating financial reports, system analysis, and desktop support. This position reports to the Director of Financial Systems. Duties include (for the MSU System, a four-campus environment) : regular and ad-hoc report generation; troubleshooting and resolving software-related problems which contribute to generating accurate reports and protecting data integrity; ensuring the accurate posting of accounting information to the Banner System; the development of new related processes within the Banner Finance module to enhance finance functionality; documenting report specifications and system changes; developing and documenting testing plans, results and recommendations; designing, developing, managing and maintaining Web sites and database-driven Web projects; and special projects and other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree plus experience which demonstrates working knowledge of information technology principles and practices or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with programming principles and concepts.
3. Demonstrated exceptionally strong analytical skills and attention to detail along with creative problem solving skills. Please list examples.
4. Demonstrated ability in successfully determining the needs and desires of the end user.
5. Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with varied constituents.
6. Demonstrated competence interpreting, explaining, and communicating detailed information, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of personnel internal and external to
1. Knowledge of accounting principles and processes.
2. Report generation experience in a financial environment.
3. Working knowledge of SQL.
4. Working knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver or FrontPage.
5. Demonstrated experience using MS Office desktop tools.
6. Working knowledge of UNIX environment.
7. Experience using Banner or other administrative/management information systems.
8. Successful experience analyzing, enhancing, maintaining and implementing administrative/management information systems.
The successful candidate will also have the following abilities : to be able to consistently exercise initiative, self motivation, independent problem solving ability and good judgment under minimal supervision, communicate effectively with employees and the public in person, over the phone and email, establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public in a team-oriented environment, maintain confidentiality of records and information, and represent University Business Services to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In addition to the Criminal Records Check Information Sheet being filled out, a pre-employment, criminal background check will be performed on the final candidate(s) chosen for this position.
Screening of applications will begin on February 12, 2013 , and continue until a suitable applicant is hired.
To apply, please download the application materials by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
The applicant MUST submit an MSU Application along with responses to the required and preferred qualifications. Electronic submissions in Word or PDF are highly preferred but hard copies will be accepted. An original signature on the MSU-Bozeman Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to:
Kevin Ward, Director Finance Systems Montana State University University Business Services Montana Hall Room 102 P.O. Box 172480 Bozeman, MT 59717-2480 email@example.com
Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-994-7933 with any questions.
Montana State University - 19 months ago
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...