Graduation from high school and completion of specialized training in computer technology either during or following high school; and experience in repairing a variety of computers and peripheral devices; or any combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills. A+ or Net+ certification a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware, software and network communications.
- Complete familiarity with Windows OS, MS Office and other windows based applications.
- Previous experience with selecting, quoting and managing assets.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision.
- Have good working knowledge of network protocols and networking standards.
- Have demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel.
The Computer Technician II is directly responsible for second tier support for the installation, testing and support of appropriate technologies for the school staff within the Loudoun County Public School system. This position is also responsible for higher-level tasks requiring detailed documentation, project management and resource management skills.
The Computer Technician II will perform such activities as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position, including, but not limited to:
- Perform asset management for equipment and small parts utilized by LCPS.
- Obtain quotes and work with vendors to identify equipment to be used by LCPS.
- Provide the Computer Technicians with second tier support for complicated issues.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity problems.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of user accounts.
- Provide user training on PC and Network use.
- Acting both proactively and reactively to define and resolve technical problems and to recognize and implement opportunities for technical improvements.
- Performing other tasks and assuming other responsibilities as assigned.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 14, Salary Range: $42,550 - $80,162
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
FROM - TO -
Loudoun County Public Schools - 16 months ago