Works on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions :
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete.
- Position, join, align, and seal pipe sections.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring.
- Demolishes buildings, saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes projections from concrete, mounts pipe hangers, and cuts and attaches insulating material.
Additional Responsibilities :
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Education: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to work 13 hour shifts regularly with occasional extended shifts not to exceed 18 hours.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing duties of this job the employee will frequently engage in teamwork. The employee will occasionally be required to use interpersonal and customer service skills. The employee will occasionally need to speak and read English.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Trident Seafoods Corporation - 18 months ago