Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world.
Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team.
Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
The Military Spouse Employment Lead works under the general supervision of the SECO Program Manager. The Lead Analyst assists the program staff in administering and implementing MSEP policies and procedures. The incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Assist in the development of regulatory guidance and formulates plans, standards and procedures for the management and direction of the MSEP and spouse employment.
- Ensures program directives, guidance, plans, standards, and procedures for program development are adhered to by account managers through reporting procedures.
- Maintains log/spreadsheet identifying improvement/strengthening of services, and formulating policies for new areas or refining issues where policies and/or precedents are non-existent.
- Analyzes social and economic trends that impact program requirements for the military community.
- Researches existing directives and operational guidance materials in both the military and civilian sectors to determine applicability to program objectives.
- Identifies problem areas and deficiencies in existing program design or operation and factors/conditions necessary for successful program operation.
- Ensures that programs conform to all applicable DOD and Military Service specific regulations, congressional legislation, and with the most current social/human behavior theories and standards.
- Monitors trends and changes in related policies, programs, objectives and procedures to determine impact on programs.
- Assist in coordination changes in policy with appropriate DOD and Service staff activities.
- Other contingent opportunities potentially available across the USA*
Employment Type: Full time
- Minimum of six years of experience in working with a military or civilian social service agency preferred or experience as a military family member. This exception will be considered only for highly qualified applicants.
- Master’s degree from accredited college. This may be waived if experience and credentialed courses are deemed acceptable.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for measuring effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in developing new procedures and approaches.
- Proficient use of office automation systems, several types of software packages, scientific and technical materials.
- Ability to integrate headquarters, regional, installation and command requirements, input and efforts
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties as assigned.
- Experience in project management, strategy development and implementation, organization, research, life cycle facility development, sustainment, strategic plans, integration, standards and metrics.
Career Level: Mid Career
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...