Manages contracts for complex products and systems to
ensure fulfillment of contractual fiscal and performance
obligations. Develop procedures for managing division
patent and trademark filings in consultation with
division engineering and marketing managers, and with
corporate in-house counsel. Defines requirements,
generates proposals, monitors performance, negotiates
pricing and terms, and ensures compliance with contract
requirements. May determine customer requirements for
new products and/or systems (e.g. proposals that include
engineering design and system hardware) and other
trademark filings in consultation with division
- Develop procedures for managing division patent and
engineering and marketing managers, and with corporate
forms, nondisclosure agreements, patent licensing
- Manage and maintain records of invention disclosure
agreements, and other IP-related documents and records.
managers in preparing invention disclosures forms and
- Assist division inventors and engineering and marketing
submitting forms to corporate IP counsel.
claims and other IP matters with corporate IP counsel
- Function as primary division liaison for infringement
and outside counsel including coordinating and reviewing
division responses to discovery requests and negotiating
strategy including assisting in-house and external
- Participate in the execution of division IP enforcement
patent counsel in negotiations with potential infringers
and monitoring and coordinating responses to IP issues
understanding of IP requirements and facilitating their
- Work with divisional personnel to increase their
compliance with corporate policies and directives.
techniques for IP transactions and reporting.
- Participate in adopting and implementing of Lean
reducing IP transactional and litigation costs and
- Assist other division managers in monitoring and
expenses including cost and budget tracking.
B.A./B.S. (required); MBA highly desirable.
Related experience at a manufacturing corporation
Familiarity with patents, nondisclosure agreements,
license agreements, search tools and IP strategy.
including engineers, scientists, technicians, business
- Able to communicate with cross-functional team members
managers, and attorneys.
High Level Purpose:
- Able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
negotiate) and risk mitigation management from initial
- Manage all aspects of contract development (review and
contract terms and conditions negotiations and proposal
development thru acceptance of customer purchase order.
High Level Work that will be required:
divisions doing business with same customer
- Manage mitigation of risk thru contract obligations
- Coordinates contract management across Parker
ensure pricing is aligned with contract penalty risk
- Manages history of previous contracts
- Negotiate contract T&C’s
- Ensures compliance with Standard industry contract
- Works with corporate legal counsel
- Works closely with business development and GM to
and monitors contract norms within Industry
- Drives organization to close/negotiate capability gaps
including industry patent filings
- Develops procedures for division contract management
- Utility industry knowledge of standard contract norms
- High level knowledge of contract law
- Very strong negotiation skills as it pertains to
- Grid-tie Application knowledge an advantage
- Industry governing body understanding (Gov’t,
Supply chain management experience helpful
- Global experience is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your
online application at parker.com/careers referencing job
code # 15591
A cover letter summarizing experience against above
qualifications is strongly recommended.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Req. Code : 15591
Division/Department : AUTO - EGT Charlotte