Great full-time opportunity for a Controller / Finance & Accounting Manager to join one of our top and very well-established clients in the Redding, CA area.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO, and will manage the accounting and trust accounting functions, as well as oversee the various areas of the Corporate administration in a family-owned business environment.
We are looking for a seasoned Controller with 8+ years of experience in a similar role, along with great communication skills, and a proactive attitude.
Interested?? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redding company seeking full time Controller. Salary DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Lead and manage personnel and daily operations of the accounting department including A/P, A/R, and G/L.
• Generate and review published financial statements for accuracy every month.
• Direct and/or perform month-end and year-end close processes.
• Monitor and analyze operating results against budget.
• Direct and coordinate the preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Oversee and reconcile all Corporate and Trust accounting.
• Process ACH and bank funds transfers as needed.
• Manage third party administration business contracts, functions, and relationships.
• Evaluate software needs and recommend upgrades/enhancements or replacement when prudent.
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, maintain banking relationships, and coordinate debt financing.
• Maintain and monitor reliable internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, including, but not limited to, tax and licensing.
• Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Monitor all open company legal issues and maintain all corporate contracts.
• Analyze and recommend new commercial insurance or changes to existing coverage at time of renewal.
• Serve as the main contact for insurance carrier audits.
• Negotiate with landlord on lease agreement and facility improvements.
• Manage Human Resources activity, maintain all personnel files, and serve as liaison to outsourced HR consultant.
• Update and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures for this position’s responsibilities.
• Consistently meet agreed upon or assigned task and/or project deadlines.
• Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• B.S./B.A., Accounting specialization
• +8 years of experience in a related field
• +5 years experience in managing people
• Demonstrated expertise in accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good analytical skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• C.M.A. or C.P.A.
Adecco - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...