Our client, a rapidly growing Advertising company in Manhattan has retained us in a search for a Controller. The senior-level Controller will be expected to manage daily accounting operations, financial projections, reports and treasury functions in a fast-paced, energetic agency environment.|
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, financing, and budget management functions and ensure that company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles while managing a small staff.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the business.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Oversee daily financial operations including invoicing, A/P and A/R, and reconciliation of media/production and other client detail work.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and business investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgeting, reporting and payment requirements.
- Work closely with agency principals and accountant to manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses for tax and other purposes.
- Design, establish, and maintain a staffing structure to effectively accomplish the group's goals and objectives.
- Serve on planning and policy-making teams.
- Direct financial reviews and/or audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
10 - 18 years progressive accounting experience
Current Controller experience required
Public Accounting, CPA or GAAP experience required
BS Accounting required