Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance/Administrative Departments
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of audits, controls, and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billings, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting.
- Develop, improve and issue timely preparation of all financial accounting reporting, tax reporting and government filings in compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of accounting processes and GAAP.
- Manage financial records to facilitate timely and accurate grant reporting in compliance with grant agreements and federal cost standards.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products, etc. when necessary.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of the annual budget and monthly forecasts to assure financial plans and budgets are consistent with organizational goals.
- Develops and implements goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll
- Manages outside audit firms(s), tax accountants, creditors, and casualty/liability insurance agents.
- Oversee the property, liability and worker compensation insurance programs.
- Oversee financing for capital investment and working capital purposes to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Coordinate with MIS to manage MIS functions including communications, accounting and ticketing systems; Network Administration, equipment purchase, installation and set up, resource for training and support.
- Support and collaborate with other departments, including Operations and Marketing, in carrying out responsibilities.
- Coordinate with HR to oversee employee benefit plans, including health, 401K savings and others programs.
- Provide on the job training for direct reports and ensure that the job requirements and scope of decision-making are well-defined.
- Accounting for Jefferson Bus Company; Z & K Development; and Blue Earth/Blue Sky.
- Other duties as necessary
Directly supervise Accounting Supervisor and Senior Accountant/General Ledger Manager. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Provides regular performance feedback; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Four-year degree in business, accounting or related degree plus 4 years of relevant accounting and administration experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advance mathematical concepts and operations. Ability to perform various tasks such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, and analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Payroll systems and Human Resource systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPA, MBA, CMA preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Jefferson Lines - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -