The Controller position is responsible for the daily accounting
functions of the facility and is an instrumental part of the managing
and reporting of the facilities’ monthly financial performance,
balance sheets, annual budgets and bank reconciliations. This role
could offer growth opportunities and career path development within
the Organization to the right person.
• Collect and process information to facilitate
month end close process and be able to manage financial operations in
• Assist CFO with the preparation of
various daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports,
including audits, tax packages, and budgets.
specified balance sheet reconciliations monthly according to existing
policies and procedures.
• Reconcile bank accounts; verify
that cash receipts agree with bank deposits
• Supervise and
assist with Accounts Payable process. Serve as back-up for
• Maintain accurate accounting of all capital
expenditures and fixed asset system.
• Perform other duties
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; CPA
preferred but not required Must have at least 5+ years experience as
a Controller in the Healthcare environment; Thorough understanding of
GAAP and SOX compliance.
• Must have strong analytical
& reporting skills; Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and general ledger
• Must be “Hands on", highly
motivated and deadline driven.
• Must have the ability to
work overtime as needed.
Universal Health Services - 17 months ago