It is the primary responsibility of the Convention Porter to tear down/set-up in the convention area. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Tear down / set-up in the convention area
- Set and strike tables, chairs, dance floors, risers, signs and easels as directed by the Lead Convention Porter and in accordance with departmental standards
- Ensure equipment is stored in pre-designated areas in a safe and organized manner
- Perform maintenance to departmental equipment including, but not limited to, cleaning easels and sign holders, tables and chairs and air walls
- Ensure proper set-up of pads, pens, mints, water pitchers, water stations, glassware, linens and skirts in accordance with departmental standards
- Assist other employees as needed in the Set-up Department as well as other Convention Center Departments
- Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department
- Previous experience in setting up and tearing down functions and events in an arena or convention center type of environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with management, employees and guests
- Ability to follow directions, excellent listening skills, strong judgment skills and excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines a must
- Communicate effectively in English both verbally and written forms
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to property standards
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Treasure Island provides an ideal and romantic setting to celebrate your Las Vegas wedding or vow renewal ceremony. The Wedding Chapels at...