Summary : Coordinates, prepares, and cooks daily meals for dementia residents within assisted living community, while meeting federal and state health department standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares high-quality, nutritious meals with excellent food presentation according to recipes and/or menu.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking; carves meats; and serves sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Portions cooked foods, or gives instructions to kitchen staff as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Confers with residents medical team, dietary card, and nursing staff to ensure that meals conform to residents diet restrictions and nutritional requirements as prescribed by physician.
- Adheres to all food sanitation and infection control procedures of proper food storage, handling, preparation, and service; equipment and department sanitation; and dietary regulatory guidelines for Alzheimers assisted living communities, as required by federal and state health department standards and codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and two to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit.
- Minimum one year batch cooking experience utilizing commercial kitchen equipment.
- Available to work weekend coverage and available on-call as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to family members, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Teamwork Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Quality Management Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on time; Supports organizational goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing Uses time efficiently; Prioritize and plan work activities; Plans for additional resources.
- Ethics Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Required to stand and walk regularly; occasionally sit; lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
As a family-owned and operated company, Constant Care Family Management understands the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We provide a healthy and flexible approach to working hours, alongside offering competitive pay, excellent opportunities for career development and advancement, and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay and performance incentives. Full and Part Time employees are eligible to participate in our company 401(k) plan which includes an employer match.
We work hard to maintain our superlative standards, therefore, all offers of employment with Constant Care Family Management are contingent upon an adequate background check as well as a drug screen, and TB testing (if required by the position). Constant Care Family Management also utilizes the E-Verify program to confirm work authorization with the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Constant Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for your interest in Constant Care.
Constant Care Family Management - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard