WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
ALIVE CENTER FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
COORDINATOR, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Western Kentucky University ALIVE Center for Community Partnerships is seeking applicants for a Coordinator, Community Engagement. This position supports the growth and effectiveness of community-based scholarship that occurs through the development of campus and community partnerships. This position is expected to develop relationships and facilitate activities that provide opportunities for campus and community constituents to engage in civic, leadership, social, cultural, and intellectual experiences that compliment WKU’s academic mission in the preparation of effective global citizens and future leaders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Oversees service-learning, community-based research, and community engagement programs
- Develops relationships with students, faculty, and staff at WKU’s main and regional campuses
- Develops relationships with community partners across multiple sectors
- Connects faculty, staff, and students with appropriate volunteer, service-learning, community-based research, and community development project opportunities
- Works with community partners to identify and develop potential service-learning, community-based research, and community development project opportunities
- Works with faculty to incorporate or develop community-based scholarship into their curricular and co-curricular activities
- Supervises program interns, graduate assistants, and service-learning teaching assistants
- Promotes ALIVE Center programs and funding priorities to appropriate constituents via grant and private funding opportunities, speaking engagements, one-on-one meetings, and other viable outlets
- Writes articles for ALIVE Center publications
- Maintains reports and data pertinent to ALIVE Center reporting
- Conducts workshops and trainings for campus and community partners on topics relevant to community-based scholarship
- Assists with special events and engagement projects as needed
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with program management
- Experience teaching college level courses
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of community-based scholarship including service-learning and applied or community-based research
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of community development
- Must demonstrate an ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to research, write, and administer grants
- Must be able to facilitate group and maintain one-on-one relational focus
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Grade: 107 $28,848 - $38,687
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a letter of application, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply:
. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3500. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before January 28, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
InsideHigherEd.com - 15 months ago