Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Review, prioritize and submit print requests from mainframe, mini-server, desktop according to complexity and urgency. Ensure that the output is quality checked and accurately meet the instructions as submitted.
- Deliver print jobs within established timeframes. Maintain logs of all work submitted and completed including service logs.
- Responsible for minor maintenance of reproduction equipment by solving paper jams, placing service calls and conduct routine cleaning.
- Take meter reading of each duplicating machine on a daily basis. Monitor inventory of print supplies, stock paper and toners.
- Inform clients of estimated completion time, when unclear of instructions, when there is a delay in service or when a specific service cannot be provided. Work with client to resolve complaint to client’s satisfaction.
- Help to open and close the print center. Assist in keeping the center neat and professional looking. Assist the Manager with processing of monthly bills. Review logs and other paperwork for accuracy and completeness. Fill in for Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Where high speed, high volume digital publishing printers are used, using printer software, make adjustments to image quality, create folders and directories for print on demand orders. There may be special request by client for specialized type of printing e.g. large paper printing, poster copying, manual/handbook sized printing.
- Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
The incumbent in this position should possess a High School Degree or equivalent work experience. At least 2-5 years working in a print center environment. Proficiency in the use of reproduction related systems and equipment including: fax, scanner, puncher, inserter, folder, staplers, paper cutters, binders, velo-binder, stitcher and collater, counter. Also needed is extensive knowledge of low to high volume, high speed duplicating equipment, proficiency is reproduction binding and presentation methods and working knowledge of scanning and imaging processes preferred
Physical activity required including frequent bending, reaching, lifting and standing in stacking print output into boxes or containers. May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Canon Business Process Services - 21 months ago