- Perform primary review of business plan submissions for proposed new cores.
- Assist new cores with unit cost analysis for each core product/service.
- Perform primary review of proposed new core user fees for completeness and soundness and make recommendation for approval to the AD.
- Conduct reviews of 3-year projections for break-even status of new cores.
- Perform research and market analysis on comparable services to inform rate development.
- Review and analyze financial statement data and other financial system data from the general ledger system to help the AD with business planning and budget analysis.
- Prepare monthly profit and loss statement for each core facility and perform analysis identifying cost trends.
- Monitor funds and perform analysis on budget variance.
- Prepare and may present quarterly financial report to Sr. VP of Research and Director of Finance. Assemble financials using the Research Finance Reporting Portal and manual indirect recovery analysis. Develop metrics to report overall financial performance of cores.
- Assist the AD the review of core-specific financial and compliance issues via outreach to core managers and/or directors.
- Perform annual space cost analysis for the Center for Comparative Medicine (CCM). Coordinate data input from CCM, Research Space Management Group, Research Management, Real Estate and other stakeholders. Produce final analysis report and process journal to put space costs on CCM facility funds.
- Perform space cost analysis for Harvard Catalyst Central Laboratory (HCCL).
- Assist AD in the annual budget and rates review process. Assist core directors and business managers with completion of the core’s budget template and rates analysis.
- Assist AD with assessment of equipment purchases by cores. Create ROI analysis on equipment purchase
- Provide data support for AD during annual A-133 Audit.
- Assist AD in the periodic audits of core facilities to assure compliance with federal regulations. This involves selecting and reviewing specific expense and revenue transactions, testing for sound business practices and verifying that expenses are allowable.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from AD, Research Management staff, and department research administrators.
- Learn and practice lean management or other process improvement techniques.
- Comply with and follow Partners policies and procedures.
- Review and process core journal entries for a portfolio of cores.
- Proactively monitor the core journal inbox to ensure each core submits journals on a monthly basis.
- Process core check payments on a weekly basis and provide the backup to the core directors (or designee). Working in conjunction with the Research Billing Team and the AD, research and resolve any discrepancies in the check deposits.
- Generate monthly invoices for external core billing using PeopleSoft Billing Module and coordinate the distribution of invoice generated to core managers. Respond to questions and requests from core users regarding use of the PeopleSoft system for billing.
- Collect and analyze accounts receivable data from cores.
- Update and maintain Partners Research Cores Website. Create webpage for each new core that comes online.
Assist the Associate Director for Research Cores with ad hoc projects.
Partners HealthCare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Partners HealthCare - 2 years ago