MGM Resorts seeks highly motivated, intellectually curious, creative and determined individuals with a strong Mathematical Optimization background to fill this role.
Optimization Models Development:
Business Analytics Execution:
- Develop, test, and deliver mathematical optimization models to maximize marketing ROI. This requires specialized skills and domain knowledge, including solving linear and non-linear mathematical optimization models and programming with SAS, MPL, CPLEX, and VB/C#.
- Develop and integrate predictive and segmentation models into optimization processes, and continuously improve marketing decision support.
- Create customized decision management tools, interfaces, and reports with a team of analysts and technologists.
- Understand and conduct testing to benchmark various marketing strategies and evaluate performance of optimization models.
- Create targeted marketing campaigns using decision management and other tools (SQL, Teradata, SAS, Spotfire).
- Partner with business requirements analyst to identify and understand evolving data systems.
- Leverage reporting capabilities to provide management with various analyses.
- Provide ongoing user support for property and corporate analysts relating to models, data mining, customer research, and general questions about marketing optimization and analytics.
- Utilize project management, analytical expertise and communication skills to lead high-impact projects that improve marketing performance and analytics adoption.
- Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with corporate, property, information technology, and vendor contacts.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- MS Degree in a business analytics field (i.e. Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Operations Research, Statistics).
- Experience using analytical and optimization software (SAS, MPL, CPLEX, GUROBI).
- Strong knowledge in a wide range of optimization methods and statistical techniques (e.g. linear/non-linear programming, simulation, hypothesis testing, sampling and design of experiments, segmentation, etc.).
- Proven expertise in mathematical modeling, exploratory data analysis, and design of decision processes.
- Knowledge and experience using SQL and SAS/MPL scripting language, data cleansing, statistical analysis and working with very large data sets.
- Technically literate with some programming and software tools design knowledge.
- Business and technical knowledge of email, online, and trigger-based marketing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects with timeliness and accuracy.
- Have or be able to obtain a Gaming Registration card and/or license in relevant jurisdictions.
- Management and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio, and Project.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Eligibility to earn SAS Certifications.
- Technically literate with some programming (VB, C#) and software tools design knowledge.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 2 years ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...