Identify requirements, create, validate, and distribute analyses to support strategic marketing initiatives.
Utilize Cognos8 BI and other tools to create analytical content including reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses.
Leverage reporting capabilities to provide marketing decision makers with actionable information.
Accurately interpret data to produce insights.
Identify new analysis opportunities based on all available data to support strategic marketing initiatives.
Identify and analyze crossover trends between segments and properties.
Create and maintain reporting standards and ensure consistent report formatting and data presentation.
Translate business questions into defined analytics projects and ensure timely completion.
Maintain data and report availability on company reporting infrastructure.
Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with corporate, property, information technology, and vendor contacts.
Work as part of a team to deliver high-quality analytics projects.
Develop and manage data quality and data governance standards and practices.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 1 - 2 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must be technically literate with some programming knowledge.
- Understanding of database management and marketing systems.
- Knowledge of relational databases, database theory, and querying tools.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a highly technical environment.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects with timeliness and accuracy.
- Periodic travel of 20% or more may be required as business needs dictate.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Candidate must be extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor degree; preferably in Business or Marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Visio.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year experience as an analyst.
- At least 1 - 2 years experience with SAS, SPSS, or similar analytical software.
- Business and technical knowledge gaming loyalty management systems.
- Experience in Online Analytical Processing (OLAP).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...