CORRECTIONAL PROBATION OFFICER
This advertisement pool is for current and/or upcoming positions assigned to
Probation and Parole Offices in
Polk County, Florida
The Minimum Bi-Weekly Salary is $1,170.56 (TRAINEE) / $1,287.62 (CERTIFIED)
Successful competition of a urine drug test and medical exam will be a condition of employment.
**APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETELY FILL OUT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ON THE APPLICATION TO INCLUDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EVERY EMPLOYER AND AN EXPLANATION OF GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT.
Successful applicants MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Public Safety, Social Sciences or Criminology Field
- Preference will also be given to applicants with Law Enforcement, Corrections or Criminal Justice Experience
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a drug test and physical examination
- Pass a background investigation and fingerprint, which includes; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement; no misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence; no dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
MUST BE WILLING TO BE REASSIGNED/WORK AT ANY OTHER PROBATION AND PAROLE OFFICE WITHIN A 50-MILE RADIUS WITHIN
THE JUDICIAL CIRCUIT FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.
MUST BE WILLING TO TEMPORARILY RELOCATE AND ATTEND A MANDATORY 13-15 WEEK ACADEMY LOCATED NEAR TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA
While attending the Correctional Probation Officer Academy:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- You will be paid your Trainee Bi-Weekly salary rate.
- Living quarters (dormitories) will be provided at the Department’s expense.
- Meals are provided Monday through Friday. Weekends: you are responsible for your meals.
1. Complete a State of Florida employment application.
2. Go to the website
and complete the following forms:
DC2-855, Correctional Probation Officer Willingness Questionnaire
DC2-873, Correctional Officer/Correctional Probation Officer Supplemental Application
Submit your completed Employment Application and forms directly to People First Staffing Administration either on-line, by mail or by fax no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date. You must ensure that the 8 digit requisition number is clearly noted at the top of each page.
People First Staffing Administration Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 44058
Jacksonville, FL 32231-4058
FAX # 1-888-403-2110
If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
1-877-562-7287 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
You may also contact the Florida Department of Corrections Region III Personnel Office at (407) 521-2526 for assistance or additional information.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
This occupation requires certification in accordance with Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, and completion of the Basic Recruit Training Course for Correctional Officers and incumbents must be eligible for, or possess a current employment certificate of compliance issued by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission
PeopleFirst Florida HR - 11 months ago
City of Lakeland, FL
City of Lakeland, FL
City of Lakeland, FL
- 12 days ago