This advertisement is for a
Correctional Probation Officer located at the
16-0 Key West Probation and Parole Office
in Key West (Monroe County) Florida
The Minimum Bi-Weekly Salary is $1,287.62
Annual salary additive of approximately $2,740 when employed in Palm Beach, Dade, Broward or Monroe counties.
Annual critical market pay additive of approximately $5,000 when employed by Monroe County
**APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETELY FILL OUT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ON THE APPLICATION TO INCLUDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EVERY EMPLOYER AND AN EXPLANATION OF GAPS IN EMPLOYMENT.
- Must be certified as a Correctional Probation Officer in Florida
- Must have an active certification in good standing
- Must complete a State of Florida Employment Application
- Must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test and physical
- Must satisfactorily pass a background screening
In addition to active Correctional Probation Officer certification, successful applicants must meet the following qualifications:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass a drug test and physical examination
- Pass a background investigation and fingerprinting, which includes; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement; no misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence; no dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
1. Complete a State of Florida employment application.
2. Go to the website
and complete the following forms:
DC2-855, Correctional Probation Officer Willingness Questionnaire
DC2-873, Correctional Officer/Correctional Probation Officer Supplemental Application
Submit your completed Employment Application and forms directly to People First Staffing Administration either on-line, by mail or by fax no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date. You must ensure that the 8 digit requisition number is clearly noted at the top of each page.
People First Staffing Administration Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 44058
Jacksonville, FL 32231-4058
FAX # 1-888-403-2110
If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
1-877-562-7287 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
You may also contact the Florida Department of Corrections Region III Personnel Office at (407) 521-2526 for assistance or additional information.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
This occupation requires certification in accordance with Chapter 943, Florida Statutes, and completion of the basic recruit training course for Correctional Officers and incumbents must be eligible for, or possess a current employment certificate of compliance issued by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission