PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Central Operations Support Services (COSS) Representative position is responsible for various functions that directly support Retail Operations and Retirement Plan Services. Primarily, representatives are responsible for sorting, opening, and scanning incoming client correspondence and paperwork, as well as, processing purchases for incoming checks and stock certificates. Additional responsibilities include processing returned mail as part of abandoned property requirements, performing research, retrieving archived documents, mailing out client correspondence and statements and mailing out paperwork to resigning institutions, in order to initiate asset transfers. Representatives are expected to be cross trained on multiple business lines and products.
- Reviews checks, stock certificates and investment instructions for good order; ensures checks and stock certificates are processed appropriately; Routes requests to appropriate business areas for callouts, not in good order correspondence and additional processing needs. Responds to research requests from various business areas pertaining to check purchasing.
- Ensures all paperwork and correspondence is properly sorted, opened and scanned for the correct business areas to process. In certain cases, ensures paperwork is appropriately completed, verifies medallion signature guarantees are valid and reviews checks and stock certificates for good order, prior to scanning.
- Performs correspondence management, including properly packing enclosures with correspondence, to ensure clients receive appropriate communications to their requests. Additionally, reviews transfer paperwork, obtains proper signatures and mails requests to resigning institutions, in order to initiate asset transfers. Responds to research requests from various business areas pertaining to outgoing items.
- Reviews client accounts to determine if any prior mailings have been returned. Generates correspondence letters to clients or maintenances their accounts, accordingly.
- Performs document management, including recordkeeping of archived documents onsite and offsite to ensure information is properly maintained for compliance reasons; Researches requests from other business areas as it relates to these client documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Detail oriented; sound judgment; analytical skills
- Customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Flexibility in working in a fast paced, quality and production environment
- Proficient in a Windows-based computer environment
- Basic mathematics proficiency
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc. - 2 years ago
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...