After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
Cost Accounting Specialist
To process cost accounting transactions in a conscientious, accurate, and timely manner for our insureds, agents, employees and business partners in accordance with company guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Codes approximately 3,500 invoices monthly for all 5 companies with special emphasis on accuracy, promptness, and consistency.
- Reviews check requests for appropriate approval signatures.
- Writes operating account checks, PLIC creditor claim checks, PLIC APS checks, and prepares and inputs journal entries for all five companies.
- Maintains a historical library of check and journal entry transactions.
- Assists others in acquiring historical/comparative data.
- Accumulates daily inter-company cost data.
- Prepares, reconciles and accounts for the monthly inter-company settlement.
- Maintains the physical asset inventory system including a monthly reconciliation.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of cash disbursements for all operating accounts.
- Works with Agency Accounting and Marketing to verify the accuracy of credit and debit entries made to agency statements.
- Maintains accounts payable 1099 information.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent or 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer based accounting systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (primarily Excel) desirable.
- May require some overtime, after/before regular working hours and weekends
- The work environment is a typical office environment.
- The majority of the work day will require the incumbent to sit at a desk; however, the incumbent will sometimes be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach for long periods of time.
- Incumbent performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise independent judgment.
- Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
- Health & Vision Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
- On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 2 years ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...