Come reach your peak with Summit Educational Resources!
Summit Educational Resources is a non-profit organization serving children and young adults with developmental disabilities. As the gold medalist in Western New York’s Best Places to Work 2011, Summit values itself as an employer of choice, providing excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth for our employees. Work for a team fostering a culture of accountability, optimism, collaboration, adaptability, and respect!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Must be able to consistently and successfully perform all essential functions of the position as outlined in the classroom standards manual.
1. Demonstrate professional knowledge of children with developmental disabilities
2. Collaborate and effectively communicate with families
3. Assess student progress on a regular basis
4. Assure the appropriate curriculum is established and implemented
5. Organize an effective classroom environment
6. Deliver related services
7. Administer appropriate and effective instructional strategies
8. Manage behavioral challenges
9. Establish and monitor individual casebooks, data collection and charting systems
10. Perform any other duties as requested by your supervisor.
-Associates Degree in Applied Science as a Occupational Therapy Assistant from a New York State accredited college
-Certified by New York State as an Occupational Therapy Assistant