Learning & Development – CPE Registrar
Horne llp, one of the largest accounting and consulting firms in the Southeast, is seeking a CPE Registrar for the Learning & Development (L&D) function located in our Ridgeland, MS office.
The CPE Registrar will perform day-to-day functions for the Firm using established systems and procedures and will provide assistance and support to the People FIRST team. This position will report directly to the L&D Supervisor.
- An Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in a professional office environment is required.
- Continuing Professional Education/Licensing experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills are essential to your success in this role.
- Strong planning, multi-tasking, organizational skills, close attention to detail, working with a sense of urgency and accuracy are required.
- Type at least 60 wpm with no errors.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
- Self-starter and quick-study with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You must be available for overtime work and overnight travel as needed.
We serve a broad range of industries such as Franchising, Construction, Disaster Recovery, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Health Care. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what’s right, technology and success. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
- Input and support CPE tracking.
- Maintain team members’ CPE compliance with various regulators such as CPA state requirements, Yellow Book, PCAOB, etc.
- Track rule changes within various regulatory compliances.
- Promote use of online CPE tracking program.
- Coordinate and track CPE application process.
- Process applications and dues for organizations for the Firm.
- Handle state licensing applications for all team members and all Firm licensing.
- Process all requests for Becker - CPA exam review material.
- Serve as back up to L&D Team, which includes the following:
- Help with the implementation of in-house training programs in cooperation with various service areas and external vendors.
- Coordinate implementation of training programs and special events which includes room set-up, technology, copying binders and presentations, booking hotel reservations, ordering lunch, CPE forms and documents, evaluations, etc.
- Make and file PEER review folders for all classes.
- Work with program speakers to develop materials and PowerPoint presentations for programs suitable for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) accreditation.
- Work with L&D team members to execute technical and core skills training programs for the Firm.
- Special projects as assigned.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT