The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies is currently seeking a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our Chicago Underwriting Center.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter in Chubb's Chicago Personal Lines Underwriting Center you are accountable for:
• Financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and growth
• Identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources and developing and executing a new business growth strategy including developing prospects
• Successful market penetration and agency management including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships (may include travel)
• Developing agency strategy and goals with continual monitoring of progress
Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within Chubb Personal Lines guidelines and ensuring proper documentation
• Developing and negotiating price, coverage, and terms and conditions for all new business and renewals and actively identifying account rounding opportunities
• Meeting with producers.
• Collaborating with underwriters, underwriting associates, claims, marketing and home office product management
• Consistently meeting service standards
• Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team, including industry trending and development
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Solid knowledge of Personal Lines underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices
• Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
• Strong analytical skills including financial analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency in sales, marketing and negotiation
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
• Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects
• Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment
• Sound, balanced, and timely decision making skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience underwriting Personal Lines
Chubb Group - 20 months ago