Selectica develops innovative software that the world’s most successful companies rely on to improve the effectiveness of their sales and contracting processes. Our guided selling, sales configuration, and contract lifecycle management solutions support the Global 2000 and growing mid-size firms in closing billions of dollars’ worth of business each year.
Selectica is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for our CPQ offering who will plan and direct Selectica CPQ Business Process Improvement Track Activities with moderate supervision from the Project Manager. This person will coordinate and cooperate with clients and Selectica team members responsible for integration, education, and other project activities.
The CPQ Senior Business Analyst will also identify process bottlenecks and provide administrative solutions where appropriate. He or she will consult with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input, and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
This position is located in San Mateo, CA.
- Provide business assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures, as a recognized expert in configure, price, quote (CPQ) processes and methodologies.
- Analyze business functions in order to configure information processing systems using Selectica CPQ. Activities: 1) As/is and To-Be Analysis; 2) Procedure Impact Analysis; 3) Reports (WFAR) under supervision of Project Manager.
- Write and maintain functional specifications for new or modified business systems.
- Translate business models into an information system representation.
- Lead requirements gathering workshops with clients and work with clients to develop use case derived from workshops
- Work closely with the development team and client subject matter experts to streamline complex business requirements
- Work with the PS Engineering team to derive detail design documents from solution definition documents
- Attend Technical and business discussions on the integration of Selectica CPQ with other customer systems
- Plan and execute planning and configuration project phases, and provide input and status updates to project management
- Consult with systems analysts and programmers to create documents and flow charts, and to design and develop automated business systems
- Develop, coordinate, and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing
- Create users and configure user security features
- List business process components; create workflow and workflow determination rules
- Create \items, catalogs, categories, classifications, price lists, price rules and coupons
- Configure rules related to inventory, inventory availability, sourcing and scheduling
- Troubleshoot software deficiencies and identifies and locates possible bugs that are occurring by analyzing the way client has configured their installation of the software, researching program deficiencies in the documentation, or using other investigative or analytical methods
- Direct and coordinate the work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs
- Coordinate with data conversion team to ensure that the converted data supports implementation of software and new business processes
- Track and document changes to functional and business specifications
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects, consulting with senior development personnel when required
- Apply “best business” practices and standards to Selectica CPQ software processing.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrative implementation experience within a major consultancy
- Hands on experience in a client facing role
- Experience providing business analysis consulting in CPQ
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the CPQ market segments and the business processes employed there
- Excellent organizational and client skills
- Ability to confidently communicate both verbally and through written mediums
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Intrigued by what you see? Let us show you the product .
Get a demo
Selectica, Inc. - 10 months ago