We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position holds primary responsibility for implementing all marketing communications activities; responsible for developing communications tactics that support high-level marketing plans, strategies & objectives; interacts with and manages agencies and suppliers associated with communications activities; monitors effectiveness of communications activities and determines ongoing tactics and methodologies based on outcome of those success metrics; ensures US communications activities align with global messaging and corporate communications guidelines; accountable for the planning and execution of tradeshow presence and internal and external events.
- Drives marketing communications activities to ensure alignment with overarching company positioning and messaging to include website content development and management, social media activities, and corporate branding. Will contribute to marketing agency management across both Sorin business units
- Writes and edits promotional materials, website content, e-platform/social media messaging
- Manages communications projects with vendors and contractors for the development and production of educational event promotional materials, web site production and other collateral.
- Develops internal marketing communications, coordinate product fairs and brand awareness programs
- Partners with Marketing/Product Managers in development of customer communications and marketing campaigns
- Represents marketing and sales initiatives throughout entire tradeshow and event functions
- Manages convention and event planning to include local, regional and national events
- Manages material and other convention activities including concurrent meetings, symposiums and customer functions
- Develops and manages lead generation tools
- Analyzes and manages marketing communication budget and maintains tracking tools for outside vendor expenses
- Acts as CRM BU corporate communications liaison
- Develops and manages website content for US market, mobile strategy (iapp, iphone, ipad)
- Collaborates directly with Global CRM BU Marketing Communications team to ensure US voice of customer input
- Manages reporting and ROI analysis for all marketing communications tactics to yield go/no-go decisions for future marketing communications programs
Some travel required to support event management projects
Bachelors degree required in business, marketing or related field; MBA a plus
Minimum of 5 years; experience with medical device marketing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Creative contributor and problem solver with excellent attention to detail.? Proven success working collaboratively and independently on projects, ability to drive deadlines and deliverables with both internal and external partners. Proven ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines and have quick turnaround time. Able to work effectively with people on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Learn and understand, observance and adoption of the Sorin Code of Conduct, the Sorin US Compliance policies and procedures, the Advamed code of ethics External & internal customers, sales personnel, vendors and agencies, and global colleagues
- Knowledge in a variety of marketing communications areas including, but not limited to: print & online advertising, collateral design & development, web-based communications, print production, electronic media, events and lead generation concepts, sales tool design and development, presentation development & support
- Ability to recommend marketing communications activities and create tactical marketing plans from high level marketing goals and objectives
- Microsoft computer software applications and other programs to support marketing requirements
- Team orientation both cross-functionally and remote/international
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines, prioritize, and handle several projects simultaneously
- Self-directed and works with minimum supervision
- Creative thinking, possessing good judgment and ability to make fiscally responsible decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience managing outside agencies and contractors
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and within tight deadlines