Under the direction of the CSPD Supervisor, the CSPD Instrument Technician 2 will be responsible for the proper decontamination, inspection, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments. The CSPD Instrument technician 2 will operate processing equipment such as washer automation, washer disinfectors, ultrasonic cleaners, cart washer, automated and non-automated sterilizers. The technician will be proficient in instrument decontamination and assembly and will be aware of the sterilization methods available and which method is appropriate in correlation with the devices that are to be processed. The CSPD Instrument Technician 2 will have computer skills, as it is essential to interface with the CSPD tracking system.
The CSPD Instrument technician 2 must be CRCST or CBSPDT.
- Decontaminates surgical instruments according to manufacturer’s instructions or advised by the CSPD Supervisor or Manager. Will operate all decontamination equipment including washer disinfectors, ultrasonic cleaners, cart washer and washer automation.
- Inspects instruments after decontamination ensuring all items are clean, intact, functional and accounted for.
- Assembles trays in a manner that ensures devise sterility as well as presenting a tray that is easy for the end user to access for use. Uses count sheets to ensure trays are assembled accurately for all trays.
- Interfaces with the CSPD tracking system for all functions of processing.
- Packages or containerizes instruments sets according to manufacturer’s guidelines and AAMI standards. Packages in a neat and proper technique ensuring easy aseptic opening in the operating room.
- Loads sterilizer carts in a way to ensure packaged items are not punctured or compromised, loads containers and wrapped goods as recommended.
- Runs daily sterilizer tests on all sterilizers (Steam and H2o2).
- Operates sterilizer according to manufacturer’s instruction ensuring every load biological monitoring.
- Documents all load contents, interfaces load to tracking system, loads cycle confirming correct parameters, monitors sterilizer to tracking system information, records all pertinent information (biological, mechanical and chemical)
- Unloads sterilizers ensuring items are not compromised and stores in correct location according to tracking system storage locations.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness of the department and all processing equipment.
As a world-class orthopedic hospital, we help patients get back to the activities and independence they enjoy, whether that means...