The Consumer Benefits Coordinator is responsible for assisting program management in maintaining consistency in the provision of supports and services to the individuals supported and in communicating with staff and team members. This staff person is responsible for expediting the general flow of matters pertaining to the individual finances of persons supported. This includes liaising with representatives from Medicaid, the Social Security Administration, local social service organizations, banking institutions, physicians, vendors and more. Assistance is also provided to the supervisory team in general office/clerical duties, program work schedules and in the provision of support to direct care staff.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible, 40-hour per week position based out of our Wethersfield, CT Connecticut office. Hours are weekdays, Monday-Friday. Some flexibility may be available.
Pay Scale: $16.00-$16.89 per hour
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Prior education and/or experience in administrative support duties, bookkeeping and/or general accounting clerical support is preferred.
- Must possess a sincere desire to provide service and support to persons with developmental disabilities.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and able to carry out job functions independently without ongoing supervision.
- Must possess all of the following: the ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities; ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in services; skills in the areas scheduling; ability to assist in maintaining efficient office operations, previous computer experience; ability to exchange support, constructive criticism, and ideas with other staff members.
- This position requires the use of computer software applications. It is expected that by the end of the orientation period the employee will have achieved sufficient competency in these applications to satisfactorily perform all job duties as assessed by their supervisor. Required software applications for this position include, but are not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Dungarvin - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Dungarvin is a national organization of privately owned companies that are dedicated to providing high quality, community-based supports to...